Aksys Nation! Welcome to the New Year. We take a very brief look back at our favorite games of 2008. Also, we wish good luck to our friends in the video game journalist community, as well as give some info on yet another contest, what we’re playing, and more!
Welcome to Podcast #9!
- Sponsored by: Noba’s Mabu Tofu. Mom-slapping good time (what????)
- Today’s Hosts: Aaron, Jared, Harry, and Gail.
Welcome to the New Year!
- Party animals, everywhere…no one did anything.
- Aaron had to pick up his brother from a rave…
End of the Year Re-cap
- Top 3 games of 2008?
- Aaron: Dead Space, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gears of War 2
- Harry: Dead Space, Street Fighter 4, MGS4
- Gail: Fallout 3, Crysis: Warhead, Left 4 Dead
- Jared: Left 4 Dead, WoW: Wrath of the Lich King, Little Big Planet
- Ben: Fallout 3, Fable 2…
- Bo: Persona 4, Eternal Poison, Tales of Vesperia
- Mike: Blazblue, SF2:HD Remix
- Mikey:Blazblue, WoW
- Steam Nicknames:
- Jared: Daft7
- Harry: BizNatchHL2
- Gail: Kanedags
- Aaron: Pee in my Hair (Sir Chuckswiss)
- Send Jared a message before friending him.
- Why was Wrath of the Lich King so good? Makes you feel like you made a difference. Instances within instances.
- Everquest 2 Tried that…
- Aaron is trying to cut down on swearing at work.
- We love you, Free Radical.
- Jared: Anniversary 4 disc collection for Mystery Science Theatre 3000
- Aaron: A new phone…a few months ago…
- We do what we want.
- Harry: Motor Storm 2 (thanks Santa), clothes, Watchmen, Arcadia Art Book.
- Gail: Xbox Underwear in a tin. (Love from his wife)
- Harry wants a hole for your behind.
- Aaron wants more girls in the podcast.
- Ben = Unicron
- People who owe Gail money…
- Asuka and Noba don’t want to share.
- Testers would talk, but they’re too busy testing…things…
What to do With Games You Don’t Play Anymore.
- Sell, Trade, Keep?
- Jared: all about the trade…but he wants some games back now…
- Aaron: only buys games he keeps.
- You may want to keep the game, but when it’s a couple hundred bucks…
- Harry swaps with buddies, but it doesn’t work with multiplayer games.
Bad News in the Gaming World
- IGN–I mean EGM–and 1up went under (mostly).
- Don’t know why…1up seemed to be pretty good…
- Hardcore Gamer, the magazine, is now up for sale on eBay.
- Ahh…the days of EGM, GMR…Good luck to you guys.
New Games to Announce
- Nothing. But something is coming…
- Mike, we choose you!
- We got a post asking about shmups…what are the chances of us bringing more shmups to America?
- Shooting games just aren’t all that popular these days. Niche market. Better as a download.
- No language barrier, so if you’re going to buy the shooter, you’ll probably have the Japanese version of the game anyway.
Aksys Nation Signing Off
- Comment, Email, all that.
- No stupid questions. Probably.
- Review us on iTunes. Say anything.
- CONTEST: FIRST REVIEW ON ITUNES GETS A BB CALENDAR. AND MAKE IT GOOD AND CONSTRUCTIVE. SERIOUSLY.
- Aksys Games: Passing our debt on to our listeners.
- Cash Money Cosplay: Cosplay as someone from our games, send it in or post it in the comments page, and you could win $100.
- Ridiculous account names.
- Alex Belisarius (Ben), just watches Netflix, specifically Murder She Wrote.
- Street Team – work for us and we’ll get you free stuff (most likely).
- Let us know if your around, and you can help us out. podcast(at)aksysgames(dot)com.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget the BlazBlue regional tournament at New York Comic Con!