[singlepic id=1624 w=500 h=250 float=center]
While supplies last, get your exclusive Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (either the 3DS or PS Vita version) pre-order bonus bracelet now available only on Amazon! Read about it in our cleverly written release after the break!
INOCULATION PROGRAM AVAILABLE: Currently Opt-In Due to Limited Supplies
Pre-ordering VLR is, as of now, the only way to acquire the inoculation device
IDO Quarantine Zone Tau, Los Angeles, CA — Over the last few months there have been several reported cases of Virtue’s Last Reward, also known more commonly as “VLR.” Fortunately they have been contained, but our analysts reluctantly inform us that this is merely the calm before the storm. Our projections show an impending unavoidable outbreak sometime around the end of October.
Although we have managed to produce an inoculation device and accompanying serum, our supply of both is severely limited, and our normal avenues of distribution are insufficient. As such, we have taken the unprecedented step of partnering with shopping service Amazon.com to distribute these devices. Our efforts to synthesize a cure have been severely hampered by a lack of individuals who are naturally immune to the disease. To this end, all persons receiving an inoculation device will be expected to participate in the treatment effort: Each device will be shipped with a sample of the VLR strain. Instructions for inoculation and subsequent infection will be included with each packet. Once delivery is confirmed, an IDO official will follow up within the week to collect the modified antibodies, so haste is advised. Rest assured that our extensive testing has shown the inoculation to have nearly a 50% success rate. Participation in this program is strictly voluntary, but please keep in mind that current supplies are extremely limited.
Note: Once the serum has been injected, the inoculation device can also be used as a functioning wristwatch.
As always, it is wise to be on the lookout for possible VLR infection. Memorize the following list of symptoms—the life they save could be your own.
- Dual Language Support – Early cases show that VLR allows communication in both English and Japanese, with dialog playable in both languages. Whether or not this indicates damage to the languages centers of the brain is under investigation.
- Puzzles and Story – Preliminary investigations show that this game progresses rapidly through a repeating cycle of two distinct stages, which have been termed the “Novel” and “Escape” stages. During the Novel stage, subjects find themselves engaged by a complex and mysterious story. During the Escape stage, subjects have been observed solving numerous puzzles.
- Fully-Voiced Novel Sections – One of the indicators of the Novel stage is reportedly fully-voiced dialog: All characters except for the protagonist can be heard speaking during this stage.
- Numerous Endings – VLR has been shown to exhibit numerous paths of infection, most of which are lethal. At press time, 24 different “endings” have been observed, each unique.
- Immersive Three-Dimensional Environment – Many infected patients have reported a feeling of increased immersion in their surroundings, often manifested in the ability to rotate the camera around a 3D room rendered in-game, and select and manipulate objects in three-dimensional space.
- Introduces New Characters, Brings Back Old Ones – Our files on 999 indicate that a number of the characters featured there appear again in VLR, although in what capacity is still unclear. This strain also introduces several new characters, all of whom merit additional investigation.
Any suspected cases should be immediately directed to IDO Processing Center Upsilon, located in the Aksys Games Localization offices.