A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda EX is coming to XBLA! The full release follows below the jump!
March 7th, 2013 -Torrance, CA – Aksys Games is proud to announce that the epic world-saving platformer game A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda will be re-imagined for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft as A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda EX. Developed by Extend Studio and Orgio Games, A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX puts you in control of an advanced robot named Ares on a mission to save the entire planet from eminent destruction. With all new special content, including weapons, enemies, and new areas, A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX will bring an awesome new world-saving experience to Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Xbox 360. For more on what’s in store in A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda EX, here is a quote from Adam McClard, CEO of Origo Games:
“We are tremendously pleased to be working with Aksys to bring this enhanced release of A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda. We feel this version represents the full product we had in mind from step one of the project. Aksys has been a big help to us with Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 and we hope that the fans of both of our companies love this rendition of the game.”
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX Story Summary
In the year 2060 Earth had reached the stars; during that time an alliance was formed with a robotic alien race which the humans called Atzai. The Atzai gave humans the means to end the pollution plaguing their planet by building the Minos Space Station, where the waste of Earth was used to create efficient forms of energy for space travel. For once, Earth was at peace, and a strong bond forged between Human and Machine. However, not all Atzai agreed with helping the warmongering human race, and slowly rebel factions formed inside the Atzai ranks.
Now the year is 2094 and the rebel faction leader Zytron has attacked and taken control of all the machines onboard the Minos station. Atzai Command receives a distress call from Dr. Julia Carson, a chief engineer, revealing that there are still survivors on board and that Zytron has a secret Extinction Agenda for mankind. Atzai Command sends their best option to infiltrate and retake Minos from enemy hands, with the priority of saving the hostages at all costs.
Take control of Ares and newcomer Taurus for two separate story arcs, and uncover the conspiracy behind Zytron’s invasion of Minos Station.
Ares is a combat specialist built to run faster, jump higher, and fire quicker. Taurus is a battle veteran built for giving and taking damage with his tank-like body. Together with their orbital handler Valkyl, they must race against the clock to save the survivors and stop Zytron’s Extinction Agenda.
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX Features
- Receiving Console Transmission – A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX has been refitted with new console friendly designs, including a new UI, control scheme, and leaderboards.
- Upgrade Complete – Armed with new weapons, abilities, and even a new playable character, humanity’s secret weapon has never been stronger.
- Obstruction Eminent – Ares isn’t the only one with new tricks; new enemies and bosses have also joined the fray.
- Uncharted Sectors – With readjusted maps and completely new levels, there are an abundance of areas to explore for new and returning robots alike.
- Visuals Updated – New high resolution textures as well as brand new animated cut scenes.
- Audio Enhanced – A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX comes complete with the original soundtrack by Hyperduck Soundworks. Also now boasting a completely new soundtrack for the second campaign from Heavy Metal master Charlie Parra Del Riego, a perfect fit for Taurus the heavy metal Tanker.